Website Accessibility Statement
Because South Moon Sales, Inc. values the patronage of all our customers, we have optimized our website to be accessible to our customers using assistive technologies.
If you have feedback or comments concerning the accessibility or usability of our website, please contact our website accessibility specialist by email: Accessibility@SouthMoonUnder.com or by phone: 888-660-6071
This website conforms to the following standards:
WCAG 2.0 A & AA guidelines of the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
U.S. Federal Government Section 508 Guidelines.
The information below contains applicable information regarding this website’s compliance with the 4 main guiding principles of WCAG 2.0 and applicable Section 508 guidelines. Our meeting these guidelines is certified by Criterion 508.
WCAG 1.1 / Section 508 (a): Text Alternatives
- All images used on the site have appropriate “Alt Text” attributes, with the exception of purely decorative images.
WCAG 1.2 / Section 508 (b): Time-based Media
- All video content provides appropriate captioning and audio description available as transcript files.
WCAG 1.3 / Section 508 (d), (g), (h), (l), (n): Adaptable
- Tables used for display and page layout are clearly labeled as such for assistive technologies.
- Sensory characteristics are not relied upon for our instructions or labels.
WCAG 1.4 / Section 508 (c): Distinguishable
- All text elements less than 18 point or 14 point bold achieve color contrast of at least 4:5 to 1.
- Site can be resized to 200% without loss of content.
- Color is not used to convey means of communicating information or actionable items
- .The website can be read by users with visual impairments, including those with color blindness.
WCAG 2.1 / Section 508 1194.21 (a): Keyboard Accessible
- Keyboard only navigation is fully supported.
- No keyboard traps exist.
- Custom hotkeys allow direct navigation to areas of the site:
- Alt + C: Go to View Cart
- Alt + O: Go to Checkout
- Alt + Z: Skip focus to Footer. Note: Scrolling to the bottom of a category or search page will load more products.
- Alt + B: Skip focus Back to Top
WCAG 2.2 / Section 508 (p): Enough Time
- Users are provided ample time to input information and have the ability to extend their session.
WCAG 2.3 / Section 508 (j): Seizures
- The site does not feature content that flashes more than three times in any one second period.
WCAG 2.4 / Section 508 (d), (i), (o): Navigable
- All focusable items are distinguishable.
- All links are labeled for their purpose both in and out of context.
- Focus order follows the logical reading order of the page.
- There are no duplicate labeled links to different end targets.
- Headings are properly ordered for page structure and table descriptions.
- There are multiple Skip Navigation links to help users navigate to particular content, such as the main content, footer, or past catalogs of information.
WCAG 3.1: Readable
- All pages have proper language attributes.
- The site uses language that is clear and easy to understand.
- There is a comprehensive Customer Service section that can assist with questions on ordering, shipping, returns and the questions customers most frequently ask.
WCAG 3.2: Predictable
- On Focus events do not trigger links, buttons, or change content or context.
- On Input is the only means of changing content or context.
- Pages feature consistent navigation and identification.
WCAG 3.3 / Section 508 (n): Input Assistance
- All form fields are properly labeled including whether or not they are required.
- All form error messages are announced appropriately by screen readers.
WCAG 4.1: Compatible
- All elements announce their name, role, and value (state) where appropriate.
Assistive Technology Support
This website has been tested and developed to fully support the following assistive technology products:
- JAWS by Freedom Scientific
- ZoomText by Ai Squared
- Window-Eyes by Ai Squared
- NVDA by NV Access
- Keyboard only navigation